I am still working on writing about my favorite places to shop and fun places to visit in SLC...
- Gracie's Bar (326 S West Temple)
- Only "Gastropub" in Salt Lake City with Chef Sean Wilde. Fun patios, game room, and live music.
- Robin's Nest (311 S Main St)
- Amazing sandwiches and a great orzo pasta on the side. I like 'The Natural.'
- Copper Onion (111 E 300 S)
- New American cuisine is the specialty of downtown restaurant near the Broadway Theater.
- Oasis Cafe (151 S 500 E)
- Lovely vegan selection, eat on the patio, if you can.
- Caffe Niche (779 E 300 S)
- Fantastic fresh ingredients and really great sandwiches.
- Cafe Trio (680 S 900 E)
- rosemary flatbread with goat cheese, roasted peppers, caramelized onions, tomatoes.
- Mazza (912 E 900 S)
- One of my favorite restaurants, Mazza features fantastic Middle Eastern cuisine. I absolutely love the vegetarian grape leaves.
- Finn's (1624 S 1100 E)
- Amazing cafe with fantastic breakfast selections and smoothies with a Scandanavian flair.
- Ruth's Diner (2100 Emigration Canyon)
- Second oldest restaurant in Utah, Ruth's Diner is a classic. There is even a vegan friendly section on the menu.
- Windy Ridge Cafe (1250 Iron Horse Drive, Park City)
- A hidden gem in Park City, this cafe features a beautiful patio and delicious food, including freshly made pastries.
- Bruge's Waffles and Frites (336 W Broadway)
- If you only serve authentic Belgian waffles and fries, they better be good!
- Green Pig (31 E 400 S)
- I hear great things about this sports bar, including it is the local hang out for lawyers...
- Pago (878 E 900 E)
- Award winning Pago is a mecca for foodies in Salt Lake City.
- Frida Bistro (545 W 700 S)
- Sophisticated Mexican gastronomy.
- Lone Star Taqueria (2265 E Fort Union Blvd)
- Authentic Mexican cuisine in a retro setting, featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
- Ruby Snap (770 S 300 W)
- Amazing cookies named Audrey, Betty, Margo, Trudy, Vivianna, etc. How could you go wrong?
- Les Madeleines (216 E 500 S)
- Fun patisserie and cafe featuring French classics, such as buttons and eclairs.
- Gourmandise (250 S 300 E)
- Award winning European pastries and desserts, from amazing breads to authentic croissants.
- Mini's Cupcakes (1751 S 1100 E)
- Gorgeous cupcakes and I especially like their boxed lunches.
- H&M (City Creek Center)
- Koo de Ker (1037 E 900 S)
- Apt. 202 (850 E 900 S)
- Nordstrom Rack (2236 S 1300 E)
- Name Droppers (3355 S Highland Dr)
- 627 S State St)
- Now & Again (501 E 300 S)
- Emilie Jayne (801 S 800 E)
- Abode (1720 S 900 E)
- The Green Ant (179 E 300 S)
- George's Architectural Salvage (470 E 900 S)
- Broadway Theater (111 E Broadway)
- Farmer's Market (Pioneer Park)
- Twilight Concert Series (Pioneer Park)
- Liberty Heights Fresh (1290 S 1100 E)
- Ballet West at Capitol Theatre (50 W 200 S)
- Red Butte Garden (300 Wakara Way)
- Ensign Peak (trail head near State Capitol Building)
- Exchange Plaza (Boston & Newhouse, etc.) (300 S Main St)
- First Security Bank (Ken Garff Bldg.) (405 S Main St)
- Salt Lake City & County Bldg. (451 S State St)
- LDS Church Administration Building (47 E South Temple)
- Beehive House (67 E South Temple)
- Cathedral of the Madeleine (331 E South Temple)
- First Presbyterian Church (12 C St)
- St. Mark's Cathedral (231 E 100 S)
- Trolley Square (367 Trolley Sq)
- Timpanogos Cave National Monument (45 min)
- Antelope Island State Park (45 min)
- Spring City (2 hr)
- Arches National Park (4 hr)
- Zion National Park (4 hr)
- Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming & Montana (5 hr)
- Grafton - ghost town (6 hr)
Note: Places still on my to-do list are italicized.